Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Old Erres vintage fan

Toshiba fan broken

Here is an old photo of that broken Toshiba. Not really possible to see the broken blade in this photo but I will get better photos soon.
    Attached Images Attached Images

In my country for centuries we used to say " from Spain never comes good winds neither good marriages" Our History confirms that! Im glad to ear that Taurus fan is an exception.

regarding the Marelli fan, I just quit to get the 2 speeds, I dont see any extra wire or signs of it, 1 speed is ok! But Im confsed.

Nice Toshiba!
    Yes, in the photo is impossible to see the blade crack. I wait for the photo, no problem. I think you could use superglue or an epoxy based glue, like this one https://www.shopbike.sk/eshop/action...riekacka.xhtml

Its a very strong glue 350kg/cm2
    I used it one time to repair aluminium fatigue crack and it worked ver well, in fact it worked better that I expected, try it.

See my video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFffB7HD-Rs
    Last edited by teltras; 01-08-2018 at 10:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by teltras View Post
    In my country for centuries we used to say " from Spain never comes good winds neither good marriages" Our History confirms that! Im glad to ear that Taurus fan is an exception.

regarding the Marelli fan, I just quit to get the 2 speeds, I dont see any extra wire or signs of it, 1 speed is ok! But Im confsed.

Nice Toshiba!
    Yes, in the photo is impossible to see the blade crack. I wait for the photo, no problem. I think you could use superglue or an epoxy based glue, like this one https://www.shopbike.sk/eshop/action...riekacka.xhtml

Its a very strong glue 350kg/cm2
    I used it one time to repair aluminium fatigue crack and it worked ver well, in fact it worked better that I expected, try it.

See my video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFffB7HD-Rs
    Taurus fan is certainly a good fan.

With the speads of the Marelli fan, I would not know anything about this so probably would make it single speed. Fan wires are often confusing lol.

The Toshiba has had a hard life and was threwn into the van and a can of paint exploded onto it. Every other bar of the front grille is missing. It does run fine and not out of balance despite the glued part. But I don't run it for fear it might snap off and cause injury. It would be almost impossible to find an appropriate replacement bladeset to go on the fan. This is the 16" model without the timer and a broken oscillator. I didn't put the glue on this, so I don't know what it was. But it was another collector who owned it previously. But sometimes they didn't make the best decisions...

From the video it is a shame the blades were snapped, but it looks good what you have done and hopefully won't break.

I do have the better pics of the Toshiba today, I have tried to show how a huge chunk is snapped off, but it was hard to show. Hope you can see it alright.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by James G. View Post
    Taurus fan is certainly a good fan.

With the speads of the Marelli fan, I would not know anything about this so probably would make it single speed. Fan wires are often confusing lol.

The Toshiba has had a hard life and was threwn into the van and a can of paint exploded onto it. Every other bar of the front grille is missing. It does run fine and not out of balance despite the glued part. But I don't run it for fear it might snap off and cause injury. It would be almost impossible to find an appropriate replacement bladeset to go on the fan. This is the 16" model without the timer and a broken oscillator. I didn't put the glue on this, so I don't know what it was. But it was another collector who owned it previously. But sometimes they didn't make the best decisions...

From the video it is a shame the blades were snapped, but it looks good what you have done and hopefully won't break.

I do have the better pics of the Toshiba today, I have tried to show how a huge chunk is snapped off, but it was hard to show. Hope you can see it alright.
    I think is well glued, it was glued with superglue? I think you should not worry about the blade, seems ok.
    Leave it alone at max speed for one hour, if nothing happens is ok no worries, after that you can use it only at speed one at least.

That blade repair I did, its 100% safe, i do not see the blade moving forward at max speed like it was before, Im very happy with the results. The glue used it was the same as you can see in the link I posted, I did not found at the time a better and stronger glue than that one.

Do you have any info on this one? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtgqTXBvKa0

or this one?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftl_qq4mpd8

Emi is very Hi quality but I dont find any info or manufacturing year.

The LB fan is great no info at all, I will do a coin test for you in a few days, from stand still to max speed, that brand is top quality and no info...only made in Japan and model.

Thanks
    Last edited by teltras; 01-09-2018 at 12:07 PM.

I think is well glued, it was glued with superglue? I think you should not worry about the blade, seems ok.
    Leave it alone at max speed for one hour, if nothing happens is ok no worries, after that you can use it only at speed one at least.

That blade repair I did, its 100% safe, i do not see the blade moving forward at max speed like it was before, Im very happy with the results. The glue used it was the same as you can see in the link I posted, I did not found at the time a better and stronger glue than that one.

Do you have any info on this one? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtgqTXBvKa0

or this one?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftl_qq4mpd8

Emi is very Hi quality but I dont find any info or manufacturing year.

The LB fan is great no info at all, I will do a coin test for you in a few days, from stand still to max speed, that brand is top quality and no info...only made in Japan and model.

Thanks
    Good to know that, it probably was superglue but I don't know. Not sure I'd want to risk leaving it on its own on fastest speed, but I might try it for a few minutes on slowest with the plug next to me and see what happens. Then I might try fastest speed... When spun it doesn't seem out of balance, but when ran it might vibrate itself.
    Don't really have any info on either fans, but both look good. Never heard of LB. But I have a small EMI fan like this one www.ulrich-stuermer.de/index.php?id=40&ventilator=2335 , but don't really know much about that either. Having unkewn fans with no brand/details on it can be frustrating and urging to just know what it's called. But pleasing when (or if) you finally find the missing details. Catalogue pages/adverts are also nice finds. But uncommon for most UK 70s-80s fans.

Quote Originally Posted by James G. View Post
    Good to know that, it probably was superglue but I don't know. Not sure I'd want to risk leaving it on its own on fastest speed, but I might try it for a few minutes on slowest with the plug next to me and see what happens. Then I might try fastest speed... When spun it doesn't seem out of balance, but when ran it might vibrate itself.
    Don't really have any info on either fans, but both look good. Never heard of LB. But I have a small EMI fan like this one www.ulrich-stuermer.de/index.php?id=40&ventilator=2335 , but don't really know much about that either. Having unkewn fans with no brand/details on it can be frustrating and urging to just know what it's called. But pleasing when (or if) you finally find the missing details. Catalogue pages/adverts are also nice finds. But uncommon for most UK 70s-80s fans.

A few months ago I did find one in Japan (L.B) but not same model, I did translate Japanese and no info once again. I would love to know the dates of those models. Seems to me LB is a very very rare fan.

Push that Toshiba to max, no fear!

A few months ago I did find one in Japan (L.B) but not same model, I did translate Japanese and no info once again. I would love to know the dates of those models. Seems to me LB is a very very rare fan.

Push that Toshiba to max, no fear!
    lol I might try it one day...