Thread: Emerson 77646 AO - after cleaning further, reassembly with the bullet and power cord

Emerson 77646 AO - after cleaning further, reassembly with the bullet and power cord

First off - I posted this a while back. I've cleaned it up better, put the bullet motor cover back on and redid the power cord with a vintage styled plug that is polarized.

I think this is a rare one. I've never seen another one of these in this size or finish. I've had this fan for a while now, it's in decent shape with some paint loss on the bullet and around the handle but it's mostly there though. It took some effort to clean up the finish while preserving the paint, It was worth it and the fan came out great, so great that I've decided to keep it original.

This fan has had a service of the motor / gearbox and rewire done a couple of years ago.

Here are the pictures -

Front -

Side -

Back -

Badge -

Motor Tag -

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Duane B.; 11-12-2017 at 06:48 PM.
    This is the way the world ends
    Not with a bang but a whimper.

The Hollow Men - T.S. Eliot

Awsome Down Under Aussie Mitchell C's Avatar
    Nice fan, the blade design is neat.

It looks good! Although I never seen these fans in real life from what I heard they are ment to be quiet fans.
    I am a Australian fan collector. I have over 50 fans in my collection.
    My favourite sirens are the B&N Mobil Directo, ACA Cyclone, Allertor, Hurricane. Castle Castings, Carter of Burnley & Gents of Leicester.
    Premium Member
    Website Contributor
    FanAtic
    Australian National ,Panasonic, KDK & VORNADO enthusiast
    Fan collectors group on steam: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/VAFCG

Website Contributor
    That's a nice fan, Duane. I like these ivory colored ones - and that one seems in be in good shape. I remember you having a 16" ivory that was restored?

I got one of the 12" ones at fan fest a few years ago - and they had restored it in bronze with ivory blades, which I think is a nice combo.

Regarding the the electric cords - I recall buying some a few years ago from Bob's Radio Antiques but they aren't made anymore. I haven't seen any other molded plug cords that look vintage, so it seems the best route is to do as you did and use a vintage plug. My local Lowes and Home Depot have some that look kind of vintage - and possibly hardware stores may have some older stock. I know the lamp restoration sites sell some of the round antique style that would go great on the early fans.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Colin View Post
    It looks good! Although I never seen these fans in real life from what I heard they are ment to be quiet fans.
    Yes, I can say mine is very quiet, given the crazy amount of air it moves, even on high it isn't very loud at all, but it can blow as much air as some of my large box fans if not more while drawing very little electric current.
    Bests,

Cole D.