Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Can someone Tell me more about this Panasonic Box Fan?

Awsome Down Under Aussie Mitchell C's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred B View Post
    I too, like your boxer. We had similar models when I lived in Japan. Wish I had kept a few!!
    You lived in Japan, wow you must of come across some very nice fans

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch J. View Post
    Nice place!
    Thanks! It's a very unique place, I can put up more pics if people want to see.

Wow, that's a really cool fan! I've definitely never seen one like that. Not sure what it's worth exactly, but I bet you could get a bidding war started on eBay if you listed it at a low-to-moderate starting bid. But I think it's a good idea that you keep it, as these things must be super uncommon. It's definitely from the 70s or so. Welcome to DT by the way!

I've had this fan for about five years now, and it's just sitting not getting much use. What does an F-1280 go for these days? I know they're quite rare in good condition.

When I got mine, it was around $150 on eBay.

Mine has the newer logo (its a 1972 year model) on both the front cage and the info sticker, while yours has the older logo on the front cage and the newer logo on the info sticker, which dates it between 1971-1973 since Panasonic was slowly phasing out the older all-caps Panasonic logo, and into their current logo, based on Helvetica Black, which was introduced in 1971 (alongside the National logo update). It wasn't uncommon for the older logo to appear on post-1971 products, up until 1974, when the old logo stopped appearing altogether, save for a few remaining older stock.

1966-1971 Logo:

1971-Present Logo:

Last edited by Chris T; 06-17-2017 at 02:34 PM.